Kickstart Jobs UK is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and keeping your data safe and treating it with respect.
This policy outlines everything you need to better understand how any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be used by us, and why we are using such information.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
1) technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and
2) information about your visit.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with the information you give to us and the information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Session cookies
These cookies are central to you being able to use and move around our website, and so that you can access and use certain services within the website. Normally these cookies only last while your browser is open and are deleted when it is closed. Some may need to remain for longer than the duration of your visit (or “session”).
- Persistent cookies
These cookies allow you to set and store preferences for the website. They remember, for example, what font size or content you’ve chosen so that your use of our website is more personalized. They may also help us to monitor, debug, and optimize the performance of the website. These cookies remain after you close your browser, to remember your actions and preferences when you return to our website.
- Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how you use our website – e.g. they monitor which pages you visit the most. Please note that these cookies don’t collect information that would personally identify you, they just help us to analyse which pages are the most popular on our website.
- Social networking and advertising Cookies
These cookies collect information if you choose to share a page from our website or if you use a social media site such as Facebook. These cookies will track how you use our website and will then show you associated content on other parts of the internet. They will also be used to determine the content of advertisements that are displayed to you on other sites. We may also use this information on an anonymized basis to compile “lookalike” audiences to approach new audiences on social media sites with similar interests to yours.
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
You may refuse to accept cookies by altering the settings on your internet browser. For more information about how to do this, look at your browser “help” section or visit www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to access or use fully certain parts or functionality of our website.
Where we store your personal data
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. As such we make no warranties as to the level of security afforded to your data, except that we will always act in accordance with the relevant UK legislation.
Disclosure of your information
We do not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone and will only disclose this information for legal reasons and if required by law.
You have the right to tell us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by unsubscribing using the link in any of the marketing emails we send you.
UK data protection law also gives you the right to access your personal information, to object to the use of your personal information for certain purposes, and the right to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at the address above.
We will comply with the law in responding to your requests. That means that there may be some legal reasons why we cannot comply with all requests.
We hope that we will be able to answer any questions or concerns that you have. You have the right at any time to raise your concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF